The first International Open Ubiquitous City Challenge – Call for proposals by Nov 30, 2010!
3rd of November 2010
The first International Open Ubiquitous City Challenge - "UBI Challenge” - invites the global R&D community to design, implement, deploy end evaluate novel applications and services in real-world setting in the City of Oulu, Finland.
Finalists get financial support up to 10000 € and MUM 2011 paper (subject to standard peer review).
UBI Challenge goals:
- Stimulate global research collaboration on urban informatics in a very concrete manner.
- Provide the international R&D community with an opportunity to transfer ideas from labs into real-world urban environment.
- Make the open urban computing testbed in Oulu available to the international R&D community.
- Support developing metrics for evaluating urban computing infrastructure and applications in real-world setting.
Timeline and stages:
- Submission of written proposal (Nov 30, 2010, 23:59:59 UTC)
- Selection of finalists (Dec 2010)
- Finalists deploy their applications in Oulu (June 2011)
- Collection of empirical evidence (Jul-Aug 2011)
- Reporting (Sep 2011)
- Jury nominates award recipients (Oct 2011)
- Presentation of finalists and awards at MUM 2011 (Nov-Dec 2011)
Ubi Challenge Call for Proposals closes 30th of November 2010.
More information on UBI Challenge-website.